Phone: +1 202-281-7345
Phone: +91 9899487687
Phone: +1 202-725-8257
Phone: +1 202-463-3132
INSOLVENCY & BANKRUPTCY: COVID-19 FALLOUT & CHALLENGES TO THE CORP. BOTTOM LINE
Wednesday, April 08, 20209:00 am - 10:00 am Online Only
COVID-19 Fallout: Preparing for Challenges to the Corporate Bottom Line and Insolvency
Join Chandiok & Mahajan Partner Pooja Mahajan, Baker & McKenzie Chair Debra Dandeneau, and Baker & McKenzie Partner Josh Odintz to discuss and review how the wave of impending insolvency and bankruptcy will evolve and change in the coming days.
Topics of Discussion:
As businesses face increasing risk of insolvency, the following issues are likely to come up:
- Financial Protections offered in the $2 Trillion Stimulus Bill and how companies can avail of extra liquidity
- What US and Indian companies should do if faced with a cash crunch
- How Governments are handling a moratorium on loan re-payments
- Will there be a Moratorium on filing of insolvency and bankruptcy petitions against companies facing financial stress on account of COVID-19?
- Whether companies that continue to maintain business relationships with companies at risk of insolvency now need special protection
- It is clear that the pandemic will push many businesses into insolvency – is the infrastructure ready to deal with these cases?
- Should director’s liability for wrongful trading be suspended during these trying times?
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
9:00am EST / 6:30pm IST
Dial-in details to be confirmed upon registration
For more information, please contact Amy Hariani