U.S.-India Business Council Names 2018 Board of Directors
Thursday, January 25, 2018- 5:00 p.m.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Chamber’s U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) today announced the members of its 2018 board of directors. The board is comprised of industry leaders from the United States and India.
“We are thrilled to welcome these dynamic leaders to the board of USIBC,” said Myron Brilliant, executive vice president and head of International Affairs at the U.S. Chamber. “Their extraordinary knowledge of the U.S.-India commercial partnership will be instrumental as the Council continues to advance opportunities for American and Indian companies this year and in the years to come.”
“Today, the U.S.-India relationship is greeted with tremendous opportunity and momentum. As one of the most significant and fastest growing markets, India is an important economic partner for the United States. Likewise, Indian companies are investing in ever greater numbers here in the United States. These global leaders will undoubtedly provide valuable leadership to USIBC and its members,” said Nisha Biswal, president of the U.S.-India Business Council.
In 2018, the U.S.-India Business Council will work to advance the U.S.-India strategic and economic relationship by advocating for policy changes that can unlock greater growth and investment opportunities for businesses in both nations.
The members of the 2018 board of directors are:
• Thomas J. Donohue, President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
• Miles White, Chairman and CEO, Abbott
• Prakash H. Mehta, Partner, Akin Gump
• Carlos Gutierrez, Chair, Albright Stonebridge Group
• Samir Behl, President for Europe, Africa, India, Amway
• Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director, Biocon
• Michael Hayden, Principal, Chertoff Group
• Matthew Friedrich, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer and Secretary, Cognizant
• Ralph Voltmer, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
• Maurice “Hank” Greenberg, Chairman, Starr Companies
• Rajesh Subramaniam, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Federal Express Corporation
• J. Michael McGuire, CEO, Grant Thornton LLP
• Dinesh Paliwal, President and CEO, Harman International
• Christopher Padilla, Vice President for Government & Regulatory Affairs, IBM
• Andreas Fibig, Chairman and CEO, International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc.
• Sanjay Govil, Chairman, Infinite Computer Solutions
• Rajiv Lall, Founder, Managing Director, and CEO, IDFC Bank
• William Thomas, Global Chairman, KPMG International
• Richard Edwards, Executive Vice President, Lockheed Martin International
• Edward Knight, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, NASDAQ
• Stephen J. Hadley, Principal, RiceHadleyGates LLC
• Amos Hochstein, Senior Vice President, Tellurian
• Jim Barber, President, UPS International
• Siva Sivaram, Executive Vice President, Western Digital Corporation
Formed in 1975 at the request of the U.S. and Indian governments, the U.S.-India Business Council is the premier business advocacy organization, comprised of 350 top-tier U.S. and Indian companies advancing U.S.-India commercial ties. USIBC is the largest bilateral trade association in the United States, based in Washington, D.C., with a global presence in New York, San Francisco, New Delhi and Mumbai.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations. Its International Affairs division includes more than 80 regional and policy experts and 25 country- and region-specific business councils and initiatives. The U.S. Chamber’s international federation also includes 117 American Chambers operating in 105 countries.
Contact: Sukanya Sen | email@example.com